Wednesday, April 4, 2012

+/- game and Tag Story Problems



Although Shake and Drop is a simple game, I have many students get confused.  You take a handful of beans and shake and drop.  I have the students start with 6. Record how many red and how many yellows. I put the numbers on the bottom of the sheet to remind students of number direction.


For this game, you roll two dice add or subtract and color in the square. You need to get four in a row to win. Many of my kids play this game adding two dice. I saw the idea of putting a cute border on a math game on Pinterest, and I love it!! The border is from Frog Spot.


Tag Story Problems
My class LOVES tag, so I know this will be a big hit!! We will probably create recess story problems soon.

9 comments:

  1. These look like perfect games for a car trip or airplane ride. I'm going to bring these with us so we can stretch our brains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Your newest follower...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I always look forward to reading your blog. You have some fantastic ideas. I'm on the hunt for math center ideas here lately.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerri...Thanks so much!!I hope to post more math activities now that were moving into addition and story problems! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't these both simply prettier versions of games from Investigations? They both look familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I teach Investigations in my school so they are similiar. The first one is a game except the Investigations version has two columns on the page which kindergartener's get very confused by so this one makes it easier to focus on one number. I try to create story problems that compliment the curriculum all year long where Investigations has the problem solving k unit in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tag comment. It's called 6 in all, but then mentions I and 6 of my friends. That would make 7 in all. Am I missing something here? It is 5 A.M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tag comment. It's called 6 in all, but then mentions I and 6 of my friends. That would make 7 in all. Am I missing something here? It is 5 A.M.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...